Secret Roleplaying Place of Raven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Secret Roleplaying Place of Raven

Danger: This is a secret place. Any other unimportant personnel is prohibited in here

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Very Zherald Reunion

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Sun May 17, 2015 8:42 am

JESSICA_

Diana nodded and tried again. "After the accident we believe your parents' brains sustained injury, causing it to swell. Think of the skull; it's thick and doesn't move. Inside the skull you have a brain, fluid and blood. These three things are usually kept at a certain pressure, or volume, controlled by the body. If the brain swells up, there won't be as much volume of blood or fluid. In the case of injury, though, the brain may continue to swell, and the fluid and blood volume might be increasing to. To heal the brain. When this happens, it's life threatening because there is nowhere for the pressure to be relieved. Pressure is building up in an area it shouldn't." Did that make sense? Shock did this to people, but medical terminology was also very confusing. She understood. Maybe the shock would get in the way of understanding what was happening too, but it was a lot of information to take in and she didn't have all the facts to give. "Your mother is still in surgery. She could be in surgery for another few hours still. They haven't found where the bleeding is coming from, but I'm positive they will." After all, there are only so many organs inside the body. "The surgeons will be out to notify you more once they have stabilised her. She's in a very serious condition, but you can go and visit your father." But are they going to be fine? Diana leaned forward, looking him in the eye, "Dimitri, they're both in very critical conditions. Whilst your father is stable and we believe he will wake up, we don't know how much damage has been caused to his brain, if any. He may be fine, he might have some permanent brain damage. Your mother may not make it through the surgery. She may die, and I want to prepare you for that possibility. I don't want to give you false hopes. She has a multitude of problems that the surgeons are trying to work through and fix so that they can stabilise her." Diana would NEVER give a family member false hopes. She would never be positive when the news was so dire.

"Did you want me to take you to see your father, or do you have more questions? I'm sorry I can't give you much more than this. The hardest part is waiting, but I'm afraid this is what we must do. Wait to hear how the surgery is going, and what they did, and waiting for your father's brain to rest and repair." It was going to be very tough, the next few days. Especially as this was both parents for this family.

102A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Sun May 17, 2015 12:18 pm

Admin

Admin

He tried to listen to Dr. Winchester once again. At least now he understood about what she just said. His mother was worse and he didn't want to put his hope that she's gonna get better. "Damn it. I should've not let them go..." He mumbled and blamed himself. Partly it was his fault, letting his parents drive the car because they wanted to. "So, you're saying that our mom could die if the doctors couldn't... find the bleeding?" He asked with his shaky voice. Damn it, damn it. DAMN IT! Now he just hoped that his father would get better. Seemed like there's a hope for him.

"Do you want to see your dad, Zhenny?" Dimitri asked his sister. He knew that she had pictured how horrible the condition of both of their parents. Perhaps she wasn't ready to see him, he didn't want to force her because he didn't know if he was ready.

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 17, 2015 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://othersideoftheworld.123.st

103A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Sun May 17, 2015 2:44 pm

JESSICA_

"That, and they're saying she may have already sustained permanent brain damage." Zhenya said. That was her understanding so far. They were going to stabilise the bleeding in surgery then do some scans and tests to see how her brain is. Whether is is damaged, how damaged etc. But yes, she really wanted to see her father. She stood up, calling an end to the meeting. At least for now. "Diana can we please see my father," she asked, her voice shaking slightly more. She held her hands out, one because she needed Gary to hold her hand, and two because she wanted to support Dima, and have him support her too.

Diana stood and ushered them through from the conference room, through another set of doors, and into the intensive care unit. Zhenya walked past about four other beds, not even looking inside. She didn't want to see other people dying or unwell. Diana led them to a room. Well, a cubicle, really. There was a bed, a monitor which was showing his vital signs, there was blood and fluids pumping through to him, he had a urinary catheter in, a tube down his throat, the ventilator making mechanical sounds. And there, on the bed, was her father. He looked so vulnerable. Tears fell down her cheeks and Zhenya walked over to him, sedated and unresponsive, and held his hand. He didn't squeeze her hand back. "Daddy we're here," she whispered to him, leaning down and kissing his forehead.

104A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Sun May 17, 2015 8:00 pm

Admin

Admin

Brain damage? Oh nooooo...

So maybe his mother could die or not but ended up with brain damage that... not sound better than died. Realizing that his sister held his hand, Dimitri slightly looked at her. She looked afraid and sad, maybe because she'd imagined if the worst-case scenario happened to their parents. Okay then, she wanted to see their father. Following Diana, the 32-year-old guy prepared himself to see their father.

Was it just his feeling or every muggle hospital has this weird atmosphere like this? It was cold and a little bit creepy for him, maybe because of the sound from the medical device. Not to mention it smelled like antibacterial soap only it's stronger. As they arrived at their father's room, tears falling down from his brown eyes. Gosh, their father looked so painful and weak. So many things were connected to his body it he was sure that it wasn't very comfortable. Merlin, how could this happened to him? "Dad..." His voice was shaky as he called his father. Hopefully he could hear them so wouldn't feel like he was alone and scared in this place. He placed his hand to Zhenya's shoulder. "He's gonna get better, Zhenya. I hope.." He spoke in low voice. "And... I'msorry..." Because one, this accident wouldn't happen if he didn't let their parents go and drive and two: he ruined her wedding plan. He could take the blame, if she wanted to.

105A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Sun May 17, 2015 8:28 pm

JESSICA_

Zhenya looked up at Dima. What on earth could he be sorry about? "What are you sorry about?" she asked gently. Though their parents had been staying with him, perhaps that's why he was sorry? Did he think he was responsible for their accident? She stood up and gave him a hug. "Dima don't…" don't what? Worry? Don't be sad? Sorry? She couldn't say any of these things. "We will get through this. Somehow, one way or another. We will get through it."

Diana decided to leave them to it. The nurse was sitting in the corner of the room, keeping a close eye on Alexander Burton. The ICU nurses had seen it all, though. "I'm going to head out. Page me if they want to speak to me and I'll come back. Hopefully they will hear something about their mother soon, though." She took one more look at them, feeling awful for them, and left. She had a number of patients she needed to check up on, and for now there was nothing she could do. Alexander was stable, they were observing him for now, giving him time. Lisabel was under care of the trauma surgeons.

106A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Sun May 17, 2015 11:17 pm

Admin

Admin

"I'm sorry for.... everything." Though his sister said that he didn't need to but still, it was partly his fault. Their parents had been staying with him and this accident happened because he let them go for a drive today. He hugged her back and whispered. "I hope so. Gosh, how could I drop this news to the twins?" They're still at Hogwarts and of course that they HAD to know about things that happened to their parents. Speaking of dropping the news, he even hadn't told his wife. "Hey I uh... I need to call Alana. Are you fine that I left for a while?" Then Dimitri looked at his future brother in-law who just kept silent for the entire time and gave him a small smile.

Gary just kept silent at the entire time. He surely didn't know what to say since he didn't know much about medical stuffs etc. though his birth mother was a doctor, but he didn't talk to her since the first time he'd seen her years ago. Following the others, the blonde guy still didn't day any word. Even when he saw Alexander lying at the bed with so much medical instruments that connected to his body. Was he going to be okay? He hoped so. As Dimitri left the room, he walked closer to his fiancee and put his hand on her shoulder. "At least he's stable for now." He spoke to her. He just wanted her to know that he was still here, not abandoning her.

107A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Mon May 18, 2015 4:27 pm

JESSICA_

Zhenya shook her head. She didn't know how they would tell the twins. "We can tell them together Dima. Maybe send an owl to the Headmistress and we can pick them up tonight, or tomorrow." What did people usually do when family emergencies came up? Zhenya knew her parents would know, but they couldn't ask them... Oh, but of course Alana needed to know. "Yes of course, we'll be here waiting..." that was all they could do. She rubbed his arm in a comforting way and turned back to her father. A moment later she felt a familiar and comforting hand on her shoulder. She moved into his body and rested her head back against his chest. "Yeah, yeah hopefully," she swallowed, "Hopefully he will be okay." She just had a feeling that it wasn't going to be okay with her mother. Diana didn't give out good hopes.

An elderly man walked into the room with three mugs of strong coffee and put them on a side bench, along with a small packet of biscuits. "Thanks," Zhenya said, trying to muster up a smile. The man smiled sadly at them and left again. Actually, caffein and sugar were what she desperately needed right then. She lifted the mug and took a sip, then went over and wrapped herself into Gary's arms. "What were you doing before... I assume Dima called you? Thanks for getting me," she added. There was no tone in her numb voice.

108A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Mon May 18, 2015 9:58 pm

Admin

Admin

He knew that she's gonna get through this. His fiancee was a very tough person, so many bad things happened to her but she didn't give up easily and he was sure that she could face this though... maybe this one was worse than any other problems that she'd ever faced before. Not to mention that this happened just a month before their wedding. Why it seemed like the universe didn't want to see her happy, huh?Was this because of him? Did he bring a bad luck to her? Hopefully not.

Thank you for? Oh... It was the first thing that pop on his head when Dimitri dropped the bad news. "You don't have to mention it." The blonde guy said as she came closer and wrapped herself in his arms. Maybe if her brother called her first, she's gonna freaked out and panic and didn't know what to do. Right now, he didn't know what to do to make her calm beside stay with her and hope that everything would be okay and back to normal. Gary grabbed his cellphone and handed it to her. "Do you want to call Raven?" He offered. It's not that late in Boston since the time differences is just 4 hours apart.

109A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Sun May 24, 2015 1:41 pm

JESSICA_

Gary handed her his cellphone. Zhenya never knew how to use those things. She had one, of course, but she never took it with her. Her wand, on the other hand, was an extension of her. Never went anywhere without that. "Umm..." she said, then had that blank otherness look about her. The look when she went inside to think about things. What could Raven possibly do? They didn't know anything, but of course she wanted to tell her best friend. 1. because she was her best friend, 2. because Raven would know more about, and be able to talk to her about it.... but she didn't really want to worry Raven until they knew what was going on. Sighing she took the phone from him and looked at it, trying to remember what to do. She figured it out after a few minutes and stepped out to call her.

After Raven answered, Zhenya opened her mouth meaning to ask how she was, making sure she wasn't bothering her, seeing if she was free to talk... but instead she was overcome by a case of verbal diarrhoea. Everything the doctor had said to them, about bits of their skulls being removed, brain damage, brain swelling, internal bleeding, hypovolaemic shock, and possible brain damage and death, it all came out. Once she finished, she realised her hands and legs were shaking, and she sat down, not sure what to do, what to say... not sure of anything. She felt completely numb...

110A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Sun May 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Admin

Admin

80-hour limit sucks! Okay, maybe not that sucks because finally she had some time to take a rest before the next shift and study for her intern exam. While the brunette was currently reading the flash card, her cellphone vibrated and displayed a foreign number. Huh? She decided to pick it up. "Hello?" Raven heard a very familiar voice sobbing. It's from her best friend. What's going on? She's not supposed to be sad for now, she's gonna get married in a month. "Zhenny, what's wrong?" Then she listened to her story.

Oh my God... She couldn't believe it. Poor her, poor Alexander and Lisa. As a doctor, she could imagine how horrible their condition were. Especially that she mentioned about brain injury and all of those horrible words. How on earth that doctor told her about that? To be honest, there's nothing that they could do to save Lisa. She was too far gone, but she didn't want to drop this to her. What should she say? Raven was trying to position herself as a best friend, not a doctor. "I'm so sorry to hear that."

111A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Sun May 24, 2015 10:06 pm

JESSICA_

Zhenya remained silent for a few moments. "Thanks, Raven. So am I." a few more moments of silence. What did she want Raven for? She felt like a small part of her had opened up, she could think again. Perhaps she just needed to tell someone else what was going on. "So... so my mother will probably die, and my father, well... who knows what condition he will be in when he wakes up. If he wakes up." She was going to go home and look for a potion that she could give him. If only she could say something to the surgeons, tell them she might be able to brew a potion or something to help her mother, but she wasn't stupid. These muggles wouldn't believe anything a witch said. It was too late anyway, all the potions that came to her mind took a long time to brew. There were no quick fixes. She sighed and saw Diana walking towards her. "Raven, I have to go. I'll call you later okay?"

Diana had popped into the room of Alexander and had seen Mr. Rush, Gary, there without the other two. She thought she'd try the waiting room, and there was Zhenya. Diana approached her just as she hung up the phone. Diana sat down next to her. "Zhenya the surgeons are just about to finish up. I want to update you that they will be taking her to have some scans and then will be bringing her up to the ICU, and then they will come and talk you through everything that happened. It might be about an hour or two wait."

An hour or two wait? Well at least that was something. She nodded. "Thanks Diana," she said, and they both stood. Diana walked in one direction, and Zhenya headed back to the room where Gary was. She handed him back the phone and told him what Diana had said. "Dima not back yet?"

112A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Mon May 25, 2015 12:20 am

Admin

Admin

"We don't know yet, Zhenya. Don't you dare to say that Lisa is gonna die." This is her being a best friend, not a doctor. She knew that for a serious accident like this, the survival rate was very low but she didn't believe the odds. She was the one who beat the odds by surviving from brain cancer that almost killed her years ago. "If you want her to be alive, let's hope that she's gonna alive. Okay, I know this sounds not very logical but I do believe that if the patient was in surgery, her soul was... flying around and contemplating if she should come back to her body or not. If she knew that you're saying that she's gonna die, then she wouldn't go back to her body so...." The brunette girl didn't need to continue that statement, huh? Lucky that there's none of her colleagues hearing her out right now.

For a moment, both of them were just being silent. Raven didn't know what else should she say to her. She hated pessimistic hopeless person and now her friend was being one. The brunette girl just exhaled. "Well uh... Call me if anything happens, okay?" Then she hung up and... where was she now? Oh, studying for intern exams. Sipping her coffee, she started over reading about the appendectomy.

While his fiancee was outside, calling her best friend. Gary decided to sit next to Alexander and grabbed his hand. "You have to get better, Alex." He slightly whispered to his ear. "Zhenny needs you, the twins still need a father. I need you too..." Alexander was like a father that he'd never have. He has Luke whom being his godfather and took a role as his father but Alex was different. "We're gonna wait until you're getting better, so you can walk your daughter through the aisle.. So you have to be better." He hadn't talked about this yet to Zhenya (and seemed like it's not a good time too) but he thought it'd be better if they postponed the wedding until her parents were getting better.

He didn't realize that Dr. Winchester had come to the room. Then a moment later, she came back with his fiancee. Taking his phone, then he looked around and noticed that Dimitri hadn't come back yet. "Yeah, I haven't seen him around." The blonde guy said. "Are you okay? Is there any news about Lisa, Dr. Winchester?" He asked them both.

113A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Tue May 26, 2015 2:13 pm

JESSICA_

Zhenya was still thinking about what Raven had told her. She promised herself that she would hope and hope that her mother would make it. She told herself her mother was going to survive, even though she truly didn't believe it deep down. What was Dima thinking? She was sure he would be hoping that she would survive, so Zhenya told herself she would pretend. At least for Dima. "Papa you have to get better. You have to get better, and mama has to get better. You... you have to fight this papa," she said gently, rubbing her father's hand.

No Dima yet? She sighed. It was okay, there was nothing urgent. If he needed to be contacted they could call him or go looking for him. Are you okay? Zhenya gulped, and nodded. "I'm okay. Fine. Yeah, I'm okay," she mumbled. She wasn't making sense. Even though she knew what Gary had asked her, her mind was a jumble and she couldn't concentrate on one thing long enough to make sense of it. So, she was mumbling and rambling. "Diana just said the surgery is almost finished and then the surgeons are going to do scans on her then bring her up here. Could be another 1-2 hours whilst all that happens." Well it didn't matter, she at least knew that it would be soon. She could focus on knowing that in two hours she would know some more information.

Zhenya's mind kept thinking about the wedding. She was actively trying to push it back as far as she could, because she didn't have it in her to worry about that, but it kept bobbing up like a float in water. Her hands were still trembling from the shock, and she drank some water. "Oh I wish I had my anti-anxiety potion with me," she said under her breath, as she didn't want the nurse to hear. She only carried a potion with her to relieve pain, but that wouldn't be any use. Physically she was numb.

114A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Wed May 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Admin

Admin

Such a stupid question, of course she's not okay. Her parents were in an accident, one of them was still in surgery while the other one was still unconscious. Gary noticed that his fiancee was quite panic and he tried to calm her down. "You should sit down and take a deep breath.." Then he dug into his backpack, perhaps he brought something useful like... chocolate bar. Seriously, Rush?  Well, he wished that he could find either calming draught or valium there but those weren't there. Besides, he's not that person who often get anxious of anything.

The blonde guy handed the chocolate bar to her. "You barely eat anything since we came." Then he sat next to her, stroking her hair and pulled her head to his shoulder. "You want me to find your brother?" He asked. But then he heard footsteps entering their room. There he was, her brother. "Where have you been?" He asked him. It seemed like he'd left them for hours. Did he come back home? Well, he didn't since Dimitri was still wearing the chef jacket.

He didn't know how long he left to notify his wife. Seriously, he hated to drop a news like this by phone... or anything. If he could, he'd like to apparate to come back home but it's impossible since he was in muggle hospital right now. Alana didn't stop crying when she knew about the accident so Dimitri had to calm her down. That's why he was out for a long time.

Going back to his father's room, Dima spotted his sister was sitting there with her fiancee. "Is there any news about mom, yet?" He asked both of them. "Sorry, Alana couldn't stop crying so I had to make sure that she's calm enough." He grabbed a cup of coffee and joined them, staring at their unconscious father. "I really hope that he could be better soon... He really wants to walk you down the aisle at your wedding..." And his sister's wedding would be in a month... or maybe they're gonna postpone it until their parents got better? Dunno.

115A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Thu May 28, 2015 8:22 pm

JESSICA_

Zhenya nodded and sat down, her foot bouncing up and down. She couldn't sit still. It was nice when Gary started stroking her hair, and his shoulder was a comfortable place. She rested her head down and ate a small corner of the chocolate, then sat back up again when Dima walked in. Oh, poor Alana. "Is she going to come to the hospital?" she asked. She was part of the family too. "They said it wouldn't be too long. Maybe an hour or two, then they will come and tell us more. The surgeons, that is." They were doing the operation and should be able to tell them exactly what was wrong.

He really wants to walk you down the aisle at your wedding...

Zhenya exhaled slowly, tears springing to her eyes. She looked down at her lap and blinked them away. She didn't feel like crying. One tear might just open the flood gates. No, she was strong, she would hold it back. "And he will. He will walk me down the aisle," she said confidently. Maybe not in a month, but when he was better. She wasn't getting married without her father there, but she didn't want to talk about the wedding right now. She and Gary would talk about it soon.

+++++

The surgeon and his team of other surgeons, nurses and doctors had wheeled Lisabel to the scan, and they were now setting her in the ICU bed. The nurse was being updated, and Frances Beckett removed his surgical cap and went to the other room to speak to the family. He knocked on the door and nodded to the nurse, who was writing down some vital signs on the chart, then walked up to the three people, and kneeled down to be at their eye level. "Hello, I'm Doctor Beckett, Frances, I'm the consultant trauma surgeon. My team and I have been operating on your mother. She's a few beds down. But I'd like to have a talk with you all, down in the conference room. Could you follow me?" he asked gently, standing up and leading the way.

In conference room 7 were comfortable armchairs, with a low circle table in the middle. On the table was a box of tissues and plenty of cups, and a jug of water. Another doctor was in there too. Zhenya sat down on one of the low armchairs and took a sip of water. On the outside she was calm as a fiddle, but inside she was a wreck.

Frances sat down next to his colleague. "This is Doctor Jensen, she's our anaesthetist. As I said, I'm Frances. I do apologise, I don't know your names," he said, a question lingering.

"I'm Zhenya," she said, "This is Dima, and Gary my fiancee," she introduced.

After the introductions, Frances cut straight to it. He cleared his throat. "As Doctor Winchester has explained, your mother is in a very serious condition. In surgery it took us a long time to find her bleed, which was in her Aorta. We've replaced it, but she has sustained massive blood loss which has been replaced with blood transfusions." Pause. Let that sink in. "Our bigger problem, unfortunately, is the damage she has sustained to her brain. There was a large impact, which shook her brain, damaging it. The swelling prior to her arriving at the hospital was quick and extensive, and I'm afraid even though we did what we could to relieve the pressure, there has been permanent damage. After surgery we did a scan, we did a CT scan and a brain function scan. There was minimal activity on her brain scan which suggests," he paused for a moment, "It suggests your mother is brain dead." Brain dead. He paused to let that set in.

"What we mean when we say brain dead is this. The brain is no longer functioning. It cannot do anything. It's dead. Your mother is being kept alive by the ventilator machine which is breathing for her, special medication which keeps her heart pumping blood. She is being kept alive by machines and medicine." They needed to know there was no chance. Her brain was dead. Even though she was still alive, it was only from the machines. She would not wake up.

Zhenya sat there watching the doctor telling them that their mother is dead. But still alive. Being kept alive by machines and medicine. But dead. "Oh, Merlin," she groaned, resting her head into her hands. She knew it. She just knew it. But she shook her head, and sat up again. "What do we do? I mean... what's... what will happen?" Will she just slip away? Will they have to switch everything off?

116A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Sun May 31, 2015 8:47 pm

Admin

Admin

Would his wife come to hospital, he suggested so. But didn't know if she's gonna come or not because:

1) She's not gonna leave their son alone at home
2) Alana wasn't a big fan of hospital. Either Mungo's or muggle hospitals.

"I told her to come." Dimitri said. "But she cannot leave Keenan alone, or maybe she will come with him anytime soon." She'd notified him if she decided to come. Gosh, he hates waiting. Especially for a moment like this. He couldn't just stand still like this. When the hell the doctors would gave an update about their mother's condition? The 32-year-old guy stood up, bit his nails, and did any kind of gestures that showed that he was so anxious and sometimes he mumbled hoping that their mother would be okay.

Then the doctors came. But instead telling them about his mother's condition, they escorted them to the conference room, again. Merlin, this didn't sound like a good news at all. Noooooooo... what happened to their mother? So she's not survived? She died on the table? Or anything? His mind kept thinking about the worst things.... Until the doctors told them what exactly happened.

Brain dead?

"So, you're saying that... if we stop the machine, she's completely... dead. But if we don't... She..." He paused for wiping the tears that came out from his eyes. "She's not gonna... wake up?" Was this a nightmare? Please somebody say that he's dreaming right now! Their mother couldn't die, not now.

117A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:41 pm

JESSICA_

Zhenya was listening to Dima speak and looking at him doing his few nervous habits. Just watching him made her anxious. She knew somehow it would all be okay, life would go on, but she hated to see her brother like that.

Frances was very sorry for this family. He hated having to break news like this, and after work he would go home and have a dry scotch and somehow say goodbye to his patients. Even though he saw them mostly die on the table, without really speaking to them, being trauma surgery, it was still awful being the one who was trying to save them and failing. He wished he could save everyone, he truly did.

He looked at Dima, right into the eyes. He didn't patronise his families, he didn't try and sugar coat it. "Yes Dima, I'm very sorry. That's exactly what I'm saying. We're helping her breathe and helping her heart pump but if we stop those cardiac medications and remove her from the ventilator she will stop breathing and her heart will quickly stop pumping blood to her organs, and she will die. She's on high doses of pain relief, she is not in any pain." Sometimes knowing they weren't in pain helped the families.

Zhenya gulped, her lower lip began trembling and a flood of tears leaked from her eyes as she sat with her head in her hands, silently sobbing. It was real. Her mother was dead. She didn't have a mother any more. Her father was a widower. Her three siblings had just lost their mother. Oh Merlin. "We... we have to get the twins here to say goodbye first," she said. They couldn't switch off the life support without the twins saying goodbye. They would be devastated! And what abut their father, could they wait for him to wake up and say goodbye?

118A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:15 pm

Admin

Admin

There's no words came out from his mouth when he listened to Frances about their mother. So she's dead, but not officially dead until they unplug and stop the drugs that keeping her alive. Dimitri still couldn't believe it, this morning she was fine. She was making pancakes for breakfast. He still remembered VIVIDLY what she'd said this morning about his sister's wedding. But now she wouldn't be there for Zhenya and Gary's wedding because she was dead. Why? Why bad things always happened? Why the universe was so mean and fucked up to their family?

The twins, right. They had a right to know about their mother and saying goodbye to her. After this he's gonna write to them and Truebridge. Maybe to their Head of house too. Clearing his throat and wiping his tears, he asked the doctor. "Do we... Do we have to do this right now?" He spoke with his hoarse voice. "The thing is... We have younger siblings who are currently in boarding school in Scotland..." Of course he's not gonna mention about Hogwarts and wizardry stuffs because muggles weren't gonna believe about that. "I mean... I want them to have a chance seeing their mother for the last time and giving her a proper goodbye. Can we?" He asked. If they could, he's gonna pick them up soon.

119A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:42 pm

JESSICA_

Zhenya couldn't speak anymore. The switch had finally ticked over. She wasn't numb anymore, and it hurt. She clenched a hand to her chest, right near her heart, and held it there, feeling her heart beating against her hand. How could her mother be dead? But... Zhenya had barely enough time with her after reconciling with her. And now she was... gone. Going. Almost gone. And the twins, oh they had no idea, but they soon would.

Francis wasn't aware of other siblings, and younger ones still in boarding school? Oh, that was tough. He nodded, solemnly, "Of course, we can wait as long as your mother's body allows it. I can make some calls or write some documentation if you need it to send to the school," he offered. Surely the school would be understanding, but even so, sometimes they required documentation. He hoped her body could hold on long enough for the younger Burton's to get there and say their goodbyes. "Although I must also explain that there is a chance her heart might stop. She might go into cardiac arrest. In which case, being that she is brain dead, we wouldn't resuscitate. I think we need to talk about that. Have documentation in place so that your wishes are fulfilled. In the case of cardiac arrest, do you want us to perform CPR or did you prefer treatment to be withheld?" It needed to be done, and he wanted it out of the way now so that they didn't have to worry about those decisions later.

120A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:39 pm

Admin

Admin

All he wanted to do now was writing for the twins and Headmistress. Thank Merlin Frances allowed them to hold until Teddy and Ava came here. "Well uh... You don't need to do that. I'm afraid they wouldn't recognize any calls if it wasn't from us... Their siblings I mean." Besides, make a call to Hogwarts or sent the letter by using internet or muggle post? Impossible. Dimitri could see how his sister miserable was. Not because this happened just one month before her wedding but also she started to rebuild her relationship with their mother. And now she's gone.. Soon to-be gone, to be exact.

Doing CPR? He knew what CPR is. That's what the muggles do to make a patient's heart work, right? But the 32-year-old guy didn't see why they should do the CPR since their mother was already brain dead and it wouldn't make her back. But then it means that she would literally dead. What if it happened before the twins came? "Well uh..." He bit his nail again and thought for a while. "I don't really see why we should do CPR. I think if she went into cardiac arrest we should.. let it happen." Sounds cruel but once again, doing CPR didn't make her alive. It's just gonna make her suffer more and he didn't want to see his mother suffered too much.

Lisabel died.

Merlin, how could this happen before their wedding? The blonde guy just sat silently beside his fiancee. There's nothing that they could do. Right now, he hoped that Alexander would be better soon because he couldn't imagine if Zhenya had to deal with the death of them. He put his hand to her shoulder comforting her. She and Dima had decided not to switch off the life support before their twin siblings came here. "I'll notified them. He offered himself. "The twins and also the headmistress. If you don't mind, I can pick them up now." Gary could apparate to Hogsmeade and sent patronus to Truebridge. At least there's something that he could do now.

"Both of you should stay here, I think. So just let me pick them up. I have met them before when we did a visit last time."

121A Very Zherald Reunion - Page 5 Empty Re: A Very Zherald Reunion Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:45 am

JESSICA_

Francis listened to the things being said and nodded. No CPR. He took a form out of his drawer and filled it in. It was a Do Not Resuscitate form, and signed it. He handed it over to Dimitri and Zhenya and said "This is our DNR form, which I've filled in. Legally we need orders that say we aren't to resuscitate a person if they go into some kind of distress. I want you to read over it, ask any questions, and sign if if you're ready."

Zhenya nodded with what Dima was saying. Yes they should just let it happen. No point keeping her alive artificially. When Francis held them the paper, Zhenya read it and, as hard as it was, she agreed. "I think you should do it," she said to Dima. He was the older sibling, he should be the one to do it.

Gary volunteered to pick up the twins, and Zhenya could have cried. "Thank you Gary that would be great." She stood up and gave him a hug.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum